Data Protection and Security in SMEs under Enterprise Infrastructure
Marcela Hallová, Peter Polakovič, Edita Šilerová, Ivana Slováková
Agris on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, No 1 /2019, March
Hallová, M., Polakovič, P., Šilerová, E. and Slováková, I. (2019) “Data Protection and Security in SMEs under Enterprise Infrastructure", AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 27-33. ISSN 1804-1930.DOI 10.7160/aol.2019.110103.
Information is becoming a highly valued commodity of strategic importance in the period of globalization of trade, cooperation and mutual integration of companies. These facts bring a new perspective and the importance of adequate information security in IS/IT, especially in connection with their electronization and electronic exchange. The protection and security of IS/IT is therefore becoming increasingly important for companies and is one of the key factors for the economic success of SMEs, as well as in agricultural organizations and rural development organizations. Management's interest in IS/IT security and information results not only from a threat to prosperity, but also in the case of the threat to the company's own existence. By analysing the risks, adopting IS/IT security policy, developing safety standards, and implementing security in the life of the company, the security process does not end but comes into a qualitatively new stage. At the moment when the main problems are solved and the environment, at least to a certain extent ready, there is time for important routine activities. This is monitoring, control and audit.
Security of IS/IT, SMEs, incidents, risks.
- Boer, H. and Gertsen, F. (2003) „From continuous improvement to continuous innovation: a (retro)(per)spective”, International Journal of Technology Management, Vol. 26, No. 8, pp. 805-827. ISSN 1741-5276. DOI 10.1504/IJTM.2003.003391.
- Bresnahan, T., Brynjolfsson, E. and Hitt, L. M. (2002) "Information technology workplace organisation and demand for skilled labour: firm level evidence”, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 117, No. 1, pp. 339-76. ISSN 0033-5533. DOI 10.3386/w7136.
- Collins, C. J. and Smith, K. G. (2006) "Knowledge exchange and combination: The role of human resource practices in the performance of high technology firms”, Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 544-560. ISSN 1948-0989. DOI 10.5465/amj.2006.21794671.
- Corso, M. and Paolucci, E. (2001) "Fostering innovation and knowledge transfer in product development through information technology”, International Journal of Technology Management, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 126-148. ISSN 1741-5276. DOI 10.1504/IJTM.2001.002958.
- Erumban, A. A. and Jong, S. B. (2006) "Cross-country differences in ICT adoption: A consequence of Culture?", Journal of World Business, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 302-314. ISSN 10909516. DOI 10.1016/j.jwb.2006.08.005.
- Hennyeyová, K. and Depeš, P. (2010) "Analysis of the exploitation of information and communication technologies in the agri-food sector companies“, Agricultural Economics, Vol. 56, No. 9, pp. 403-408. ISSN 0139-570.
- Jai Arul, G., Sanjeev, C. and Suyambulingom, C. (2011) "Implementation of Data Security in Cloud Computing”, International Journal of P2P Network Trends and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1. pp. 112-127. ISSN 2249-2615.
- Jones, P., Beynon-Davies, P. and Muir, E. (2003) "E-business barriers to growth within the SME sector”, Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 1-25. ISSN 1328-7265. DOI 10.1108/13287260380000771.
- Kumar, V., Batista, L. and Maull, R. (2011) "The Impact of Operations Performance on Customer Loyalty”, Service Science, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 158-171. 2164-3970. DOI 10.1287/serv.3.2.158.
- Leach, J. (2008) "Do new information and communications technologies have a role to play in the achievement of education for all?”, British Educational Research Journal, Vol. 34, No. 6, pp. 783-805. ISSN 1469-3518. DOI 10.1080/01411920802041392.
- Leede J. and Looise J. K. (2005) "Innovation and HRM: Towards an integrated framework”, Creativity and Innovation Management, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 108-117. ISSN 1467-8691. DOI 10.1111/j.1467-8691.2005.00331.x.
- Maglio, P. P., Vargo, S. L., Caswell, N. and Spohrer, J. (2009) "The service systemis the basic abstraction of the service science”, Information Systems and eBusiness Management, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 395-406. ISSN 1617-9846.
- Manas - Argemí, A. (2005) "Security metrics and measurements for IT“, European Journal for Informatics, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 89-103. ISSN 1684-5285.
- McAdam, R. (1996) "An integrated business improvement methodology to refocus business improvement efforts”, Journal of Business Process Re-engineering and Management, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 63-71. ISSN 1355-2503. DOI 10.1108/14637159610111482.
- Miller, K. W. (2012) "Security and Privacy Considerations”, IT Professional, Vol. 14, No. 5., pp. 53–55. ISSN 15209202.
- Power, R. (2002) "CSI/FBI computer crime and security survey“, Computer Security Issues & Trends, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.1–24. ISSN 2225-0506.
- Smith, M. (2003) "Business process design: correlates of success and failure”, The Quality Management Journal, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 38-49. ISSN 10686967. DOI 10.1080/10686967.2003.11919062.
- Šimek, P., Vaněk, J. and Jarolímek, J. (2008) "Information and communication technologies and multifunctional agri-food systems in the Czech Republic Plant”, Soil and Environment, Vol. 54, No. 12, pp. 547-551. ISSN 2075-1141. DOI 10.17221/426-PSE.
- Vaněk, J. Jarolímek, J. and Šimek, P. (2009) “Information Services and ICT Development in Agriculture of the Czech Republic”, AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 47-52. ISSN 1804-1930.
- Vaněk, J., Jarolímek, J. and Vogeltanzová, T. (2011) "Information and Communication Technologies for Regional Development in the Czech Republic – Broadband Connectivity in Rural Areas”, AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 67-76. ISSN 1804-1930.
- Wielky, J. (2017) "The impact of the internet of things concept development on changes in the operations of modern enterprises”, Polish Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 262-275. ISSN 2081-7452. DOI 10.17512/pjms.2017.15.1.25.
- Zairi, M. and Sinclair, D. (1995) "Business process re-engineering and process management”, Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 161-173. ISSN 1463-7154.