A Low Cost Irrigation System with Raspberry Pi – Own Design and Statistical Evaluation of Efficiency
No 2/2017, June
Koprda, Š., Magdin, M., Vanek, E. and Balog, Z. (2017) “A Low Cost Irrigation System with Raspberry Pi – Own Design and Statistical Evaluation of Ef ciency", AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 79 - 90. ISSN 1804-1930. DOI 10.7160/aol.2017.090207.
Nowadays is automation a permanent part of ordinary households and subject to constant evolution. Standard of home automation is a smart (intelligent) home that meets the requirements of the owner and gives him considerable comfort. To the offer of solutions, the intelligent home includes, are control of lighting and temperature, camera system or irrigation system. Technologies of an irrigation system are being developed with an emphasis on smart management of water, advanced features and remote control of the irrigation system. The aim of this paper is to point out the new trends in irrigation systems. In this paper, we describe our own design, implementation and statistical evaluation of low-cost solutions for a smart irrigation system. This is a higher level of automation through intelligent devices with the requirements for user experience and quality of life. This device is according to our design and subsequent testing able to autonomously control three independent irrigation areas and the user experience is ensured by using the web interface (application runs on smartphones with system Android).
Smart irrigation system, raspberry, smartphone, statistical analyze.
- Adewuyi, P. A. and Oko-Oboh, E. G. (2016) „Affordable Microcontroller-Controlled Home Irrigation System for Urban Farmers in Nigeria“, MAYFEB Journal of Agricultural Science, Vol. 1, pp. 27-37.
- Al-Ammri, A.S. and Ridah, S. (2014) „Smart Irrigation System Using Wireless Sensor Network“, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 3, No. 1. ISSN 2278-0181.
- Angal, S. (2016) „Raspberry pi and Arduino Based Automated Irrigation System“, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Vol. 5, No. 7, pp. 1145-1148. ISSN 2319-7064.
- Eck, H. V., Mathers, A. C. and Musick, J. T. (1987) „Plant water stress at various growth stages and growth and yield of soybeans“, Field Crops Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-16. DOI 10.1016/0378-4290(87)90077-3.
- Galande, S. G., and Agrawal, G. H. (2013) „Embedded Controlled Drip Irrigation System“, International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS). Vol. 2, No. 5. ISSN 2278-6856.
- Gao, L., Zhang, M. and Chen, G. (2013) „An intelligent irrigation system based on wireless sensor network and fuzzy control“, Journal of Networks, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 1080-1087. DOI 10.4304/jnw.8.5.1080-1087.
- Gheysari, M., Loescher, H. W., Sadeghi, S. H., Mirlati , S. M., Zareian, M. J. and Hoogenboom, G. (2015) „Water-yield relations and water use ef ciency of maize under nitrogen fertigation for semiarid environments: Experiment and synthesis“, Advances in Agronomy, Vol. 130, pp. 175-229. DOI 10.1016/bs.agron.2014.12.001.
- Haghverdi, A., Yonts, C. D., Reichert, D. L. and Irmak, S. (2017) „Impact of irrigation, surface residue cover and plant population on sugarbeet growth and yield, irrigation water use ef ciency and soil water dynamics“, Agricultural Water Management, Vol. 180, pp. 1-12. DOI 10.1016/j.agwat.2016.10.018.
- Istanbulluoglu, A. (2009) „Effects of irrigation regimes on yield and water productivity of saf ower (carthamus tinctorius L.) under mediterranean climatic conditions“, Agricultural Water Management, Vol. 96, No. 12, pp. 1792-1798. DOI 10.1016/j.agwat.2009.07.017.
- Jadhav, S. and Hambarde, S. (2015) „Automated Irrigation System using Wireless Sensor Network and Raspberry Pi“, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Vol. 4, No. 12. ISSN 2319-7064.
- Kathpal, A., Chawla, N., Tyagi, N. and Yadav, R. (2017) „Low cost intelligent irrigation system“. DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-1675-2_32.
- Kumar, S. C. and Behera, P. (2015) „A low cost smart irrigation control system“, Paper presented at the 2nd International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems (ICECS 2015), pp. 1146-1151. DOI 10.1109/ECS.2015.7124763.
- Kumar, N. D., Pramod, S. and Sravani, Ch. (2013) „Intelligent Irrigation System“, International Journal of Agricultural Science and Research (IJASR), Vol. 3, No. 3. ISSN 2250-0057.
- Madli, R., Hebbar, S., Heddoori, V. and Prasad, G. V. (2016) „Intelligent Irrigation Control System Using Wireless Sensors and Android Application“, International Journal of Computer, Electrical, Automation, Control and Information Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 8, pp. 1424-1430.
- Patanè, C., Cosentino, S. L. and Anastasi, U. (2017) „Sowing time and irrigation scheduling effects on seed yield and fatty acids pro le of sun ower in semi-arid climate“, International Journal of Plant Production, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 17-32. E-ISSN 735-8043, ISSN 1735-6814.
- Pereira, H. and Marques, R. C. (2017) „An analytical review of irrigation ef ciency measured using deterministic and stochastic models“, Agricultural Water Management, Vol. 184, pp. 28-35. DOI 10.1016/j.agwat.2016.12.019.
- Sadeghi, S., Peters, T., Sha i, B., Amini, M. Z. and Stöckle, C. (2017) „Continuous variation of wind drift and evaporation losses under a linear move irrigation system“, Agricultural Water Management, Vol. 182, pp. 39-54. DOI 10.1016/j.agwat.2016.12.009.
- Shaikh, G. Z., Khan, S. Z., Ansari, R. A. and Pingle, S. D. (2016). „Intelligent Automatic Plant Irrigation System“, International Journal of Scienti c research and Education, Vol. 4, No. 11. ISSN 2321-7545.
- Spedding, C. R. W. (2003) „An Introduction to Agricultural Systems“, 2nd ed., Applied Science Publishers, London.