Possibilities of Using Social Networks as Tools for Integration of Czech Rural Areas - Survey 2021
No 3/2021, September
Kánská, E., Stočes, M., Masner, J., Jarolímek, J., Šimek, P. and Vaněk, J. (2021) “Possibilities of Using Social Networks as Tools for Integration of Czech Rural Areas - Survey 2021", AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 59-66. ISSN 1804-1930. DOI 10.7160/aol.2021.130306.
This paper deals with the use of social networks in agricultural enterprises and focuses mainly on their role and share in increasing the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises in the market. Primary data were obtained from an extensive survey of the development of information and communication technologies in agricultural enterprises, which was conducted in the first quarter of 2021 throughout the Czech Republic (“Survey 2021”). The research was primarily focused on capturing current trends in the use of ICT with emphasis on selected key areas (broadband, social networks, communication tools, regional Internet portals, used hardware categories, used software, mobile communications, Internet of Things, data storage and security, social networks, etc.). This survey builds on previous extensive surveys conducted by the Department of Information Technologies, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, CULS in Prague in several phases since 1999, with the last stage being conducted in 2017. Some surveys were conducted in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture of Czech Republic. Compared to recent years, the survey includes new domains, such as the use of the Internet of Things in plant and animal production, data storage and security, the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the company's core operations, etc. The survey was prepared, conducted and administered by the Department of Information Technology, Faculty of Economics and Management, University of Life Sciences Prague.
Social network, Facebook, agricultural activity, non-agricultural activity, business, marketing, online communication, rural area.
- Albar, A. M. and Hoque, M. R. (2019) "Factors affecting the adoption of information and communication technology in small and medium enterprises: a perspective from rural Saudi Arabia", Information Technology for Development, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 715-738. E-ISSN 1554-0170, ISSN 0268-1102. DOI 10.1080/02681102.2017.1390437.
- Bittner, S. and Müller, A. (2011) "Social networking tools and research information systems: Do they compete?", Webology. [On-line]. Available: http://www.webology.org/2011/v8n1/a82.html. [Accessed: 8 Aug. 2021].
- Boyd, D. and Ellison, N. B. (2007) "Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship". Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 210-230. ISSN 1083-6101. DOI 10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00393.x.
- Cardoso Castro, P.P . and Espinosa, A. (2020) "Identification of organisational pathologies: *Exploration of social network analysis to support the viable system model diagnostic", Kybernetes, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 285-312. ISSN 0368-492X. DOI 10.1108/K-10-2018-0557.
- Eger, L., Petrtyl, J., Kunešová, H., Mičík, M. and Peška, M. (2015) "Marketing na internetu", West-Boheiman University Plzeň. ISBN 978-80-261-0573- 2 (in Czech).
- Griner, M. (2009) "Everything you need to know about social media". [On-line]. Available: http://slideshare.net/griner/everything-you-needto-know-about-socialmedia-1937744. [Accessed: 23 July 2021].
- H1 (2020) "Sociální sítě v Česku v roce 2019" [On-line]. Available: https://www.h1.cz/upload/680-social-trendy-2020-groupm.pdf . [Accessed: 23 July 2021]. (in Czech).
- Harris, L. and Rae, A. (2009) "Social networks: the future of marketing for small business", Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. 30, No. 5, pp. 24-31. ISSN 0275-6668. DOI 10.1108/02756660910987581.
- IMH, Influence Marketing Hub (2021) "28 Facebook Statistics – Revenue, Users (+ Everything You Need to Know in (2021)". [On-line]. Available: https://influencermarketinghub.com/facebook-statistics/. [Accessed: 2 June 2021]. (in Czech).
- Jarolímek, J. and Vaněk, J. (2003) "The intensity and quality of Internet usage in the agriculture sector and possibilities of its further development", Plant, Soil and Environment, Vol. 11, pp. 525-529. ISSN 1214-1178. DOI 10.17221/4188-PSE.
- Kánská, E., Jarolímek, J., Hlavsa T., Šimek, P., Vaněk, J. and Vogeltanzová, T. (2012) "Using social networks as an integration tool in rural areas of the Czech Republic – agricultural enterprises", Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Vol. 60, No. 4, pp. 173-180. ISSN 2464-8310. DOI 10.11118/actaun201260040173.
- Kaplan, A. and Haenlin, M. (2010) "Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media", Business Horizons, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 59-68. ISSN 0007-6813. DOI 10.1016/j.bushor.2009.09.003.
- Kozel, R., Mynářová, L. and Svobodová, H. (2011) "Moderní metody a techniky marketingového výzkumu", Prague: Grada. ISBN 978-80-247-3527-6. (in Czech).
- Marquardt, D., Möllers, J. and Buchenrieder, G. (2011) "Why Do We Need Networking for European Rural Development Policies?", Eurochoices, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 22-29. ISSN 14780917. DOI 10.1111/j.1746-692X.2011.00196.x.
- Safko, L. and Brake, D. K. (2009) "The social media bible: tactics, tools, and strategies for business success", Hoboken, N.J.. John Wiley. ISBN 978-0- 470-41155-1.
- Satin-Hernandez, E. and Robinson, L. (2015) "A Community Engagement Case Study of the Somerville Mobile Farmers’ Market", Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 95-98. E-ISSN 2152-0801. DOI 10.5304/jafscd.2015.054.015.
- Sítě v hrsti (2020) "Kolik uživatelů používá sociální sítě v roce 2020?" Oct. 2020. [On-line]. Available: https://sitevhrsti.cz/velikost-socialnich-siti-2020/. [Accessed: 23 July 2021]. (in Czech).
- Šimek, P., Stočes, M. and Vaněk, J. (2014) "Mobile Access to Information in the Agrarian Sector", AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 89-96. ISSN 1804 1930. DOI 10.22004/ag.econ.182494.
- Vaněk, J., Jarolímek, J. and Šimek, P. (2008) "Development of communication infrastructure in rural areas of the Czech Republic", Agricultural Economics, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 129-134. ISSN 0139-570X.
- Zerrer, N. and Sept, A. (2020) "Smart Villagers as Actors of Digital Social Innovation in Rural Areas", Urban Planning, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 78-88. ISSN 2183-7635. DOI 10.17645/up.v5i4.3183.
- Jarolímek, J., Stočes, M., Masner, J., Vaněk, J., Šimek, P., Pavlík, J. and Rajtr, J. (2017) "User-Technological Index of Precision Agriculture", Agris on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 69-75. ISSN 1804-1930. DOI 10.7160/aol.2017.090106.