Diversifying Effect of Digital Competence
No 1/2020, March
Csordás, A. (2020) “Diversifying Effect of Digital Competence", AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 3-13. ISSN 1804-1930. DOI 10.7160/aol.2020.120101.
Information and communication technology determines not only the development of companies but also the development of nations. Among other things, with the usage of eGovernment, the administrations can put „digitally pressure“ on their citizens which can lead to the appreciation of the role of digital competence. Based on data from the European Statistical Office, the digital competences of the EU Member States were examined between 2015 and 2017. A significant relationship was found between the level of digital knowledge and the level of unemployment. There is a strong positive correlation between the levels of digital competence and corporates training. In the clustering of countries, three distinct groups were created. The underdeveloped, developing and developed countries differed not only in the number of digitally educated people but also in the distribution of the digitally qualified groups.
ICT, EU, unemployment, training.
- Accenture (2016) "People First: The Primacy of People in a Digital Age", Accenture Technology Vision 2016. [Online]. Available: https://www.accenture.com/t20160314t114937__w__/us-en/_acnmedia/accenture/omobono/technologyvision/pdf/technology-trends-technology-vision-2016.pdf [Accessed: 15 May 2019].
- Albion, P. R., Tondeur, J., Forkosh-Baruch A. and Peeraer J. (2015) "Teachers’ professional development for ICT integration: towards a reciprocal relationship between research and practice", Education and Information Technologies, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 655-673. E-ISSN 1573-7608, ISSN 1360-2357.
- Arpit, B., Mayur, S. and Shalini, G. (2017) "Improved K-mean Clustering Algorithm for Prediction Analysis using Classification Technique in Data Mining", International Journal of Computer Applications , Vol. 157, No. 6. ISSN 0975 - 8887. DOI 10.5120/ijca2017912719.
- Australian Industry Group (2018) "Developing the Workforce for a Digital Future". [Online]. Available: https://cdn.aigroup.com.au/Reports/2018/Developing_the_workforce_for_a_digital_future.pdf. [Accessed: 29 Aug. 2019].
- Autor, D. H. (2015) “Why are there still so many jobs? The history and future of workplace automation”, Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 29 No. 3, pp. 3-30. ISSN 08953309. DOI 10.1257/jep.29.3.3.
- Beitz, S. (2015) “Developing the capacity to adapt to industry transformation”, in "Australia’s future workforce?", Committee for Economic Development of Australia, pp. 156-166. ISBN 0 85801 300 2.
- Bello, H., Shu’aibu, B., Sukri bin Saud, M. and Buntat, Y. (2013) "ICT Skills for Technical and Vocational Education Graduates’ Employability", World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 204-207. ISSN 1818-4952.
- Blau, I. and Peled, Y. (2012) "Teachers’ openness to change and attitudes towards ICT: Comparison of Laptop per Teacher and Laptop per Student programs", Interdisciplinary Journal of E-Learning and Learning Objects, Vol. 8, pp. 73-82. E-ISSN 2375-2092, ISSN 2375-2084. DOI 10.28945/1728.
- Cardona, M., Kretschmer, T. and Strobel, T. (2013) "ICT and productivity: conclusions from the empirical literature", Information Economics and Policy, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 109-125. ISSN 0167-6245. DOI 10.1016/j.infoecopol.2012.12.002.
- Colbert, A., Yee, N. and George, G. (2016) "The digital workforce and the workplace of the future". Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 59, No. 3, pp. 731-739. E-ISSN 1948-0989, ISSN 0001-4273. DOI 10.5465/amj.2016.4003.
- Costen, W. M. and Salazar, J. (2011) "The Impact of Training and Development on Employee Job Satisfaction, Loyalty, and Intent to Stay in the Lodging Industry", Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 273-284. E-ISSN 1533-2853, ISSN 1533-2845. DOI 10.1080/15332845.2011.555734.
- Dubey, R. and Gunasekaran, A. (2015) “Education and training for successful career in big data and business analytics”, Industrial and Commercial Training, Vol. 47 No. 4, pp. 174-181. ISSN 0019-7858. DOI 10.1108/ICT-08-2014-0059.
- EUROPEAN COMMISSION (2018) "Horvátország - Foglalkoztatás, szociális ügyek és társadalmi befogadás - Európai Bizottság". [Online]. Available: https://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=1067&langId=hu. [Accessed: 30 Jun. 2019].
- Eurostat, (2019) „Individuals who have basic or above basic overall digital skills by sex". [Online]. Available: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/metadata/en/tepsr_sp410_esmsip2.htm. [Accessed: 17 Sept.2019].
- Ferrari, A. (2012) "Digital Competence in Practice: An Analysis of Frameworks", European Commission, Joint Research Center, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies. [Online]. Available: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/digital-competence-practice-analysis-frameworks. [Accessed: 10 June 2019].
- Ferrari, A. (2013) “DIGCOMP: A Framework for Developing and Understanding Digital Competence in Europe”. [Online]. Available: https://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/a410aad4-10bf-4d25-8c5a-8646fe4101f1/language-en [Accessed: 10 June 2019].
- Field, A. (2013) “Discovering statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics” paperback (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA, USA: SAGE Publications. ISBN-13: 978-9351500827, ISBN-10: 1446249182.
- Frey, C. B. and Osborne, M. A. (2013) “The Future of Employment: How Susceptible are Jobs to Computerization?”, Oxford University Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology, 72. p.
- Hajkowicz, S., Reeson A., Rudd, L., Bratanova, A., Hodgers, L., Mason, C. and Boughen, N. (2016) “Tomorrow’s Digitally Enabled Workforce”, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, [Online]. Available: https://data61.csiro.au/en/Our-Work/Future-Cities/Planning-sustainable-infrastructure/Tomorrows-Digitally-Enabled-Workforce [Accessed: 17 Sept.2019].
- Herdon, M., Botos, S. and Várallyai, L. (2015) “Decreasing the Digital Divide by Increasing E-Innovation and E-Readiness Abilities in Agriculture and Rural Areas”, International Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Information Systems, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-18. E-ISSN 1947-3206, ISSN 1947-3192. DOI 10.4018/ijaeis.2015010101.
- Hoel, T. and Holtkamp, P. (2012) “Requirements modelling in international information systems design – what competencies are needed and how to manage them?”, ECKM ‘12: Proceedings of the 13th European Conference on Knowledge Management, Cartagena, Spain, pp. 466-475.
- Kashan, P. and Fouzia, N. K. (2013) "Measuring Relationship between Digital Skills and Employability", European Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 5, No. 24. E-ISSN 2222-2839, ISSN 2222-1905.
- Khawaja, J. and Nadeem, A. B. (2013) "Training and Development Program and its Benefits to Employee and Organization: A Conceptual Study", European Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 5, No. 2, 2013, E-ISSN 2222-2839, ISSN 2222-1905.
- Lengyel, P., Herdon, M., Pancsira, J., Ráthonyi, G. and Füzesi, I. (2017) "The E-learning system success assessment of the service quality using binominal logistic regression", Journal on Efficiency and Responsibility in Education and Science, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 51-57. E-ISSN 1803-1617, ISSN 2336-2375. DOI 10.7160/eriesj.2017.100203.
- Maedche, A. (2016) “Interview with Michael Nilles on “What makes leaders successful in the age of the digital transformation?”, Business & Information Systems Engineering, Vol. 58, No. 4, pp. 287-289. E-ISSN 1867-0202, ISSN 2367-7005.
- Miikka P., Antti, L. and Maiju, V. (2013) "Analysing the impacts of ICT on knowledge work productivity", Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 545-557. ISSN 1367-3270. DOI 10.1108/JKM-03-2013-0113.
- Miroudot, S., Marcolin, L. and Squicciarini, M. (2016) “Routine Jobs, Employment and Technological Innovation in Global Value Chains”, OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers. DOI 10.1787/5jm5dcz2d26j-en.
- Mohammadyari, S. and Singh, H. (2015) “Understanding the Effect of e-Learning on Individual Performance: The Role of Digital Literacy”, Computers & Education, Vol. 82, pp. 11-25. ISSN 0360-1315. DOI 10.1016/j.compedu.2014.10.025.
- Murawski, M. and Bick, M. (2017) “Digital competences of the workforce – a research topic?” Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 721-734. ISSN 1463-7154. DOI 10.1108/BPMJ-06-2016-0126.
- Reyt, J. and Wiesenfeld, B. M. (2015) "Seeing the forest for the trees: Exploratorylearning, mobile technology, and knowledge workers’ role integration behaviors", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 58, pp. 739-762. E-ISSN 1948-0989, ISSN 0001-4273. DOI 10.5465/amj.2013.0991.
- Sajtos, L. and Mitev, A. (2007) “SPSS Kutatási és adatelemzési kézikönyv”, Alinea Kiadó, ISBN 978-963-9659-08-7. (in Hungarian).
- Soule, D. L., Puram, A. D., Westerman, G. F. and Bonnet, D. (2016) “Becoming a Digital Organization: The Journey to Digital Dexterity”, SSRN Electronic Journal, 25 p. E-ISSN 1556-5068. DOI 10.2139/ssrn.2697688.
- Várallyai, L., Herdon, M. and Botos, S. (2015) “Statistical Analyses of Digital Divide Factors”, Procedia Economics and Finance, Vol. 19, pp. 364-372. ISSN 2212-5671. DOI 10.1016/S2212-5671(15)00037-4.
- Vieru, D. (2015) “Towards a multi-dimensional model of digital competence in small- and mediumsized enterprises”, in Khosrow-Pour, M. (Ed.) "Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology", 3rd ed., IGI Global, Hershey PA, pp. 6715-6725. ISBN-13: 978-1466658882. ISBN-10: 1466658886.
- Wang, S. K., Hsu, H. Y., Reeves, T. C. and Coster, D. C. (2014) "Professional development to enhance teachers’ practices in using information and communication technologies (ICTs) as cognitive tools: lessons learned from a design-based research study", Computers & Education, Vol. 79, pp.101-115. ISSN 0360-1315. DOI 10.1016/j.compedu.2014.07.006.
- Wang, Y. and Haggerty, N. (2011) “Individual virtual competence and its influence on work outcomes”, Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 299-334. E-ISSN 1557-928X, ISSN 0742-1222. DOI 10.2753/MIS0742-1222270410.
- Williams, R., de Rassenfosse, G., Jensen, P. and Marginson, S. (2013) "The determinants of quality national higher education systems", Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 599-611. E- ISSN 1469-9508, ISSN 1360-080X. DOI 10.1080/1360080x.2013.854288.