Indicators’ Dynamics of Irrigated Agriculture by Federal Districts of Russia
No 3/2019, September
Ugryumova, A. A., Zamahovsky, M. P., Gennadievich, O. D. and Kapustina T. A. (2019) “Indicators’ Dynamics of Irrigated Agriculture by Federal Districts of Russia", AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 105-112. ISSN 1804-1930. DOI 10.7160/aol.2019.110310.
Currently, up to 80% of agricultural land needs watering in the Russian Federation. Therefore, the state of irrigated agriculture affects the efficiency and effectiveness of the country's food sector. The subject of this article is the studying of the basic indicators’ dynamics of irrigated agriculture (total irrigated area, its condition: good, satisfactory and unsatisfactory, costs per hectare of irrigated area and actually watered area) and their interrelations in all federal districts of the Russian Federation for 2013-2016. Methods of economic and statistical analysis were used in the work, in particular, analysis of the time series, correlation and cluster analyses. As a result of the studying, it was established that the state and development of irrigated agriculture in the Russian Federation is unstable and cannot be regulated solely by climatic factors.
Irrigated agriculture, irrigated area condition, cost per hectare of irrigated area, correlation analysis, cluster analysis.
- Alahtaeva, N.M. (2011) “Justification of the cluster policy in order to develop agricultural production in the regions”, Herald of the Krasnodar State Agrarian University, No. 10. [Online]. Available: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/obosnovanie-provedeniya-klasternoy-politiki-s-tselyu-razvitiya-selskohozyaystvennogo-proizvodstva-v-regionah [Accessed: 16 Jan. 2019].
- Glazyev, S.Y. (2016) “О продовольственной безопасности России" (in Russian), Report of the group of experts of the Izborsky Club under the leadership of Academician of RAS S. Y. Glazyev. [Online]. Available: http://www.dynacon.ru/content/articles/1725. [Accessed: 15 Jan. 2019].
- Jamin, J.-Y., Bouarfa, S., Poussin, J.-C. and Garin, P. (2011) “Irrigated agriculture facing new challenges”, Cahiers Agricultures, Vol. 20, No. 1-2, pp. 10-15. ISSN 1166-7699. DOI 10.1684/agr.2011.0477.
- Klimova, N. V. (2013) “Features of the regulatory impact of the state on agribusiness in foreign countries”, Scientific journal KubGAU, No. 90 (06). [Online]. Available: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/osobennosti-reguliruyuschego-vozdeystviya-gosudarstva-na-agrobiznes-v-zarubezhnyh-stranah [Accessed: 25 Jan. 2019].
- Direction (subprogram) (2019) “Development of Land Reclamation for Agricultural Lands of Russia for 2014–2020” (approved by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation by October 12, 2013 N 922). [Online]. Available: http://ivo.garant.ru/#/document/70210644/paragraph/5468590:2 [Accessed: 1 Feb. 2019].
- Raut, S. M., Agarwal, P. K., Singh, O. P. (2014) “Economic viability of drip irrigation in cotton in Jalna district of Maharashtra, India”, Annals of Agri Bio Research, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 316-320. ISSN 0971-9660.
- Ugryumova, A. A., Zamakhovsky, M. P., Pautova, L. E., Tyurina, L. M. (2018) “Analysis of the potential’s using of irrigated agriculture on the example of the Southern Federal District”, Regional Economics: Theory and Practice, Vol. 16, No. 11 (458), pp. 2075-2091. E-ISSN 2311-8733, ISSN ISSN 2073-1477. DOI 10.24891/re.16.11.2075..
- Ugryumova, A. A., Olgarenko, D. G., Zamakhovsky, M. P. (2018) “The analysis of the main factors of the irrigated agriculture in the federal districts of the Russian Federation”, International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference SGEM, Vol. 18, No. 5.3, pp. 831-838. ISBN 978-619-7408-48-5. ISSN 1314-2704. DOI 10.5593/sgem2018/5.3/S28.106.
- Chernova, T. V., Gilina, T. G. (2009) “Economic-statistical study of factors affecting the regional productivity of agricultural production”, Regional Economics: Theory and Practice, Vol. 11, No. 104, pp. 62-67. [Online]. Available: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/ekonomiko-statisticheskoe-izuchenie-faktorov-vliyayuschih-na-regionalnuyu-proizvoditelnost-selskohozyaystvennogo-proizvodstva [Accessed: 30 Jan. 2019].