Selection of Communication Routes in Agriculture Equipment Company
No 4/2017, December
Křečková, J., Rydval, J., Brožová, H. and Hornická, A. (2017) “Selection of Communication Routes in Agriculture Equipment Company", AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 69-79. ISSN 1804-1930. DOI 10.7160/aol.2017.090407.
Many publications describe problems in businesses and project management that are caused by communication. Team communication is a very complicated process full of soft aspects. One of basic problems represents a choice of an appropriate communication route kind useful for messages transmission between the team members as sources and recipients. It is a complex issue because of necessity to evaluate individual communication routes from many different perspectives. Therefore the suitable communication route of team members can be selected by a multicriterial mathematical model. Since communication can be understood as a distribution of messages, the appropriate model form can be based on the distribution model. The proposed model is derived from the three-dimensional transportation problem. The article discusses the possibility of this approach on the case study of communication modelling in the field of agriculture. Specifically, it is constructed and solved a model of communication problem for small team of agriculture equipment dealers.
Team, communication, message, communication route, three-dimensional transportation model, agriculture equipment dealers.
- Bavelas, A. (1950) “Communication patterns in task-oriented groups”, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 725-730. ISSN 0001-4966. DOI 10.1121/1.1906679.
- Bolat, B., Çebi, F., Temur, G.T. and Otay, I. (2014) “A fuzzy integrated approach for projectselection”, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 247-260.ISSN 1741-0398. DOI 10.1108/JEIM-12-2013-0091.
- Dantzig, G. B. (1963) “Linear programming and extensions", Princeton University Press, N. J.
- Hämäläinen, R. P., Luoma, J. and Saarinen, E. (2013) “On the importance of behavioraloperational research: The case of understanding and communicating about dynamic systems”,European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 228, No. 3, pp. 623 – 634. ISSN 0377-2217. DOI 10.1016/j.ejor.2013.02.001.
- Hoegl, M. and Gemuenden, H.G. (2001) “Teamwork quality and the success of innovativeprojects: A theoretical concept and empirical evidence”, Organization Science, Vol. 12, No. 4,pp. 435-449. E-ISSN 1526-5455, ISSN 1047-7039.
- Hsu, J. S. C., Shih, S.P ., Chiang, J. C. and Liu, J. Y. C. (2012) “The impact of transactivememory systems on IS development teams' coordination, communication, and performance”,International Journal of Project Management, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 329-340. ISSN 0263-7863. DOI 10.1016/j.ijproman.2011.08.003.
- Katz, R. and Allen, T. J. (1982) “Investigating the Not Invented Here (NIH) syndrome: A lookat the performance, tenure, and communication patterns of 50 R & D ProjectGroups”, R&D Management, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 7-20. E-ISSN 1467-9310. DOI 10.1111/j.1467-9310.1982.tb00478.x.
- Kennedy, D. M., McComb, S. A. and Vozdolska, R. R. (2011) “An investigation of project complexity'sinfluence on team communication using Monte Carlo simulation”, Journal of Engineeringand Technology Management, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 109-127. E-ISSN 2314-4912, ISSN 2314-4904. DOI 10.1016/j.jengtecman.2011.03.001.
- Kennedy, D. M., Sommer, S. A. and Nguyen, P. A. (2017) “Optimizing multi-team system behaviors:Insights from modeling team communication”, European Journal of Operational Research,Vol. 258, No. 1, pp. 264-278. ISSN 0377-2217. DOI 10.1016/j.ejor.2016.08.036.
- Kerzner, H. (2013) “Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling,and controlling", Eleventh edition, New York: John Wiley. ISBN 978-1-118-02227-6.
- Kotzé, B. G., Berry, F. H. and Verster, J. J. P. (2008) “Communication as a crucial element in projectmanagement”, Proceedings CD: 12th Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS) Congress onConstruction in challenging environments, pp. 16-18.
- Lingard, L., Whyte, S., Espin, S., Baker, G. R., Orser, B. and Doran, D. (2006) “Towards saferinterprofessional communication: constructing a model of “utility” from preoperative team briefings”,Journal of Interprofessional Care, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 471-483. DOI 10.1080/13561820600921865.
- Melnik, G. and Maurer, F. (2004) “Direct verbal communication as a catalyst of agile knowledgesharing”, Proceedings in: Agile Development Conference, 2004. IEEE, pp. 21-31.
- Morávek, J. and Vlach, M. (1967) “On the Necessary Conditions for the Existence of the Solutionof the Multi-Index Transportation Problem”, Operations Research, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 542-45.ISSN 0030-364X.
- Saleh, M., Oliva, R., Kampmann, C. E. and Davidsen, P. I. (2010) “A comprehensive analyticalapproach for policy analysis of sys-tem dynamics models”, European Journal of OperationalResearch, Vol. 203, No. 3, pp. 673-683. ISSN 0377-2217. DOI 10.1016/j.ejor.2009.09.016.
- Šubrt, T. (1999) “Multilevel transhipment problems and software realization”, Agris.cz - agrarianwww portal, Sep. 1999. [Online]. Available: http://www.agris.cz/clanek/104172/vicestupnovedopravni-modely-a-jejich-programova-realizace [Accessed: 17 Aug. 2017].
- Švec, V. (2013) “Pilot Run of the Experiential Exercise: Are Students Able to Find and EliminateTeam Loafers?”, Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Efficiency and Responsibilityin Education (ERIE 2013), Prague, pp. 603-610. ISSN 1803-1617.
- Urbanek, S. (2014) “OLAP Cubes and Logical Models”. OLAP Cubes and Logical Models - OpenKnowledge Labs, Jan. 2014. [Online]. Available: http://okfnlabs.org/blog/2014/01/20/olap-cubesand-logical-model.html [Accessed: 07 Aug. 2017].
- Vlach, M. (1986) “Conditions for the existence of solutions of the three-dimensional planartransportation problem”, Discrete Applied Mathematics, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 61-78. ISSN 0166-218X. DOI 10.1016/0166-218X(86)90069-7.
- Zionts, S. (1979) “MCDM - If not a Roman numeral, then what?”, Interfaces, Vol. 9, No. 4,pp. 94-101. E-ISSN 1526-551X, ISSN 0092-2102.
- Zulch, B.G. (2014) “Communication: The foundation of project management”, Procedia Technology,Vol. 16, pp. 1000-1009. ISSN 1877-7058. 10.1016/j.protcy.2014.10.054.