Current Trends in Training of Managers in the Field of Information And Communication Technologies And Identifying the Barriers to Education of Managers
Marcela Hallová, Peter Polakovič, Ivana Slováková
Agris on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, No 4 /2017, December
Hallová, M., Polakovič, P. and Slováková, I. (2017) “Current Trends in Training of Managers in the Field of Information And Communication Technologies And Identifying the Barriers to Education of Managers", AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 45-52. ISSN 1804-1930.DOI 10.7160/aol.2017.090405.
Lately lifelong learning has become an integral part of the whole society. This is also the reason
for the greatest development of new concepts serving just the implementation of lifelong learning policy.
These changes in the process of continuous education are in practice much more than a comprehensive
adaptation of the education system, which is why this trend is currently understood mainly in the developed
countries of the world as a response to the changing labor market. Lifelong learning thus provides individuals
with a better perspective and at the same time increases the chances of an organization in which they succeed
and differentiate themselves on a global scale. That is why we can designate lifelong learning, learning
and constant improving as an essential part of the development of managers. Education and training
of human resources in organizations form a significant part of lifelong learning. Employee training focuses
on shaping individuals, their skills and increasing their competitiveness on the global market. In today's
turbulent and difficult-to-anticipate period, educational activities in management and training are important.
This brings the ever-increasing demands for expanding, specialized and retraining education and thus
the constant demand for new and more efficient forms of educatio n.
Information and communication technologies, business performance, manager, educating of managers.
- Adeosun, O. O., Adeosun, T. H. and Adetunde, I. A. (2009) "Strategic application of information and communication technology for effective service delivery in banking industry“, Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 47-51. ISSN 0362-3319.
- Bresnahan, T., Brynjolfsson, E. and Hitt, L. M. (2002) "Information technology workplaceorganisation and demand for skilled labour: firm level evidence“, Quarterly Journal of Economics,Vol. 117, No. 1, pp. 339-76. ISSN 0033-5533.
- Cohen, S. and Georgilla, R. (2006) "E-Commerce Investments from an SME perspective: Costs,Benefits and Processes“, The Electronic Journal Information Systems Evaluation, Vol. 9, No. 2,pp. 45 - 56. ISSN 1566-6379.
- Dor, D. and Elovici, Y. (2016) "A model of the information security investment decision-makingprocess“, Computers & Security, November 2016, Vol. 63, pp. 1-13. ISSN 0167-4048.
- Erumban, A. A. and Jong, S. B. (2006) "Cross-country differences in ICT adoption: A consequenceof Culture?“, Journal of World Business, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 302-314. ISSN 1090-9516.
- Fink, D. and Disterer, G. (2006) "International case studies: to what extent is ICT infusedinto the operations of SMEs“, Journal of Enterprise Information, Vol. 19, No. 7, pp. 608-624.ISSN 1741-0398.
- Fulantelli, G. and Allegra, M. (2003) "Small company attitude towards ICT based solutions: Somekey-elements to improve it“, Educational Technology and Society, Vol. 6, No. 1. ISSN 1436-4522.
- Hennyeyová, K. and Depeš, P. (2010) "Analysis of the exploitation of information and communicationtechnologies in the agri-food sector companies“, Agricultural Economics, Vol. 56, Vol. 9,pp. 403-408. ISSN 0139-570.
- Hennyeyová, K., Tóthová, D. and Hamášová, K. (2013) "Actual situation of risk analysisin enterprises of agrosector in Slovakia“, 8th International Conference on Applied Business Research(ICABR). Brno, pp. 238-244. ISBN 978-0-620-55419-0.
- Jarolímek, J. and Vaněk, J. (2003) "The intensity and quality of Internet usage in the agriculturesector and possibilities of its further development“, Plant, Soil and Environment, Vol. 49, No. 11,November 2003, pp. 525-529. ISSN 1214-1178.
- Johnson, L., Levine, A., Smith, R. and Stone, S. (2010) "The Horizon Report – 2010 Edition“,Austin, Texas: The New Media Consortium. [Online]. Available: http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED510220.pdf [Accessed: 19 Oct 2017].
- Jones, P., Beynon-Davies, P. and Muir, E. (2003) "E-business barriers to growth within the SMEsector“, Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 1 – 25. ISSN 1328-7265.
- Ongori, H. (2009) "Role of information communication technologies adoption in SMES:evidence from Botswana“, Research Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 79-85.ISSN 18157432.
- Ongori, H. and Migiro, S. O. (2010) "Information and Communication technology adoption:a literature review“, Journal of Chinese Entrepreneurship, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 93-104.ISSN 1756-1396.
- Pavic, S., Koh, S. C. L. Simpson., M. and Padmore, J. (2007) "Could e-business create a competitiveadvantage in UK SMEs?“, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 14, No. 3. pp. 320-351.ISSN 1463-5771.
- Stočes, M., Vaněk, J., Masner, J. and Pavlík, J. (2016) "Internet of Things (IoT) in Agriculture -Selected Aspects“, AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 83 - 88.ISSN 1804-1930. DOI 10.7160/aol.2016.080108.
- Stubna, J., Hostovecky, M. and Tothova, D. (2014) "Documentary Movies as a Motivationin Science Subjects“, 12th IEEE International Conference on Emerging eLearning Technologies andApplications (ICETA), Slovakia, pp. 169-174. ISBN 978-1-4799-7740-6.
- Šilerová, E., Hennyeyová, K., Vogeltanzova, T. and Junek, P. (2015) "ICT Influence on SupportingAgribusiness Development“, Scientific Conference on Agrarian Perspectives - Global and EuropeanChallenges for Food Production, Agribusiness and the Rural Economy, Sep 16-18, 2015, Prague:Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, pp. 425-432. ISBN 978-80-213-2581-4.
- Šilerová, E., Pechrová, M. and Hennyeyová, K. (2016) "Utilization of cloud computing in AgriculturalHoldings“, Scientific Conference on Agrarian Perspectives - Global and European Challenges forFood Production, Agribusiness and the Rural Economy, Sep 14-16, 2016, Prague: Czech Universityof Life Sciences Prague, pp. 358-364. ISSN 2464-4781.
- Šimek, P., Vaněk, J. and Jarolímek, J. (2008) "Information and communication technologiesand multifunctional agri-food systems in the Czech Republic“, Plant, Soil and Environment, Vol. 54,No. 12, December 2008, pp. 547-551. ISSN 1214-1178.